From Drew Kutcharian <d...@venarc.com>
Subject Consistency Level One Question
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 05:21:43 GMT
Hi Guys,

I wanted to get some clarification on what happens when you write and read at consistency
level 1. Say I have a keyspace with replication factor of 3 and a table which will contain
write-once/read-only wide rows. If I write at consistency level 1 and the write happens on
node A and I read back at consistency level 1 from another node other than A, say B, will
C* return “not found” or will it trigger a read-repair before responding? In addition,
what’s the best consistency level for reading/writing write-once/read-only wide rows?

Thanks,

Drew