From Cyril Scetbon <cyril.scet...@free.fr>
Subject Re: TimedOutException in Java but not in cqlsh
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2014 23:20:56 GMT
Okay, so the matter is that when :

- I'm in multi-datacenters configuration (with endpoint_snitch: PropertyFileSnitch)
- I create a keyspace with strategy SimpleStrategy
- I create a column family in this keyspace and select from it with CONSISTENCY LOCAL_ONE

I get a rpc_timeout (A developer did all these actions :D ) I understand that SimpleStrategy
can't work with multi-datacenters, but shouldn't we have an error raised when using this type
of consistency ?

Another question is why can we still create SimpleStrategy keyspaces with PropertyFileSnitch
enabled ?

--
Cyril SCETBON

On 14 Feb 2014, at 11:04, Cyril Scetbon <cyril.scetbon@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Good advice. I found earlier in the morning that it's related to consistency LOCAL_ONE.
I'll check later if it should raise an error in some cases.

> Thanks
> --
> Cyril SCETBON
>
> On 14 Feb 2014, at 10:12, Vivek Mishra <mishra.vivs@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Check for consisteny level and socket timeout setting on client side.
>>
>> -Vivek
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 2:36 PM, Cyril Scetbon <cyril.scetbon@free.fr> wrote:
>> After a few tests, it does not depend on the query. Whatever cql3 query I do, I always
get the same exception. If someone sees something ...
>> --
>> Cyril SCETBON
>>
>> On 13 Feb 2014, at 17:22, Cyril Scetbon <cyril.scetbon@free.fr> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I get a weird issue with cassandra 1.2.13. As written in the subject, a query
executed by class CqlPagingRecordReader raises a TimedOutException exception in Java but I
don't have any error when I use it with cqlsh. What's the difference between those 2 ways
? Does cqlsh bypass some configuration compared to Java ?

>> > You can find my sample code at http://pastebin.com/vbAFyAys (don't take care
of the way it's coded cause it's just a sample code). FYI, I can't reproduce it on another
cluster. Here is the output of the 2 different ways (java and cqlsh) I used http://pastebin.com/umMNXJRw