From "thunder stumpges" <thunder.stump...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Queuing System
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2014 17:26:00 GMT
We use this same setup also and it works great.
Thunder

----- Reply message -----
From: "Laing, Michael" <michael.laing@nytimes.com>
To: <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Queuing System
Date: Sat, Feb 22, 2014 7:31 AM

We use RabbitMQ for queuing and Cassandra for persistence.
RabbitMQ with clustering and/or federation should meet your high availability needs.

Michael

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 10:25 AM, DuyHai Doan <doanduyhai@gmail.com> wrote:

Jagan

 Queue-like data structures are known to be one of the worst anti patterns for Cassandra: http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/cassandra-anti-patterns-queues-and-queue-like-datasets

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 4:03 PM, Jagan Ranganathan <jagan@zohocorp.com> wrote:

Hi,
I need to decouple some of the work being processed from the user thread to provide better
user experience. For that I need a queuing system with the following needs,

High AvailabilityNo Data LossBetter Performance.
Following are some libraries that were considered along with the limitation I see,

Redis - Data LossZooKeeper - Not advised for Queue system.TokyoCabinet/SQLite/LevelDB - of
this Level DB seem to be performing better. With replication requirement, I probably have
to look at Apache ActiveMQ+LevelDB.

After checking on the third option above, I kind of wonder if Cassandra with Leveled Compaction
offer a similar system. Do you see any issues in such a usage or is there other better solutions
available.

Will be great to get insights on this.

Regards,
Jagan