From Michael Shuler <mich...@pbandjelly.org>
Subject Re: supervisord and cassandra
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2014 02:10:42 GMT
On 02/14/2014 07:34 PM, Michael Shuler wrote:
> On 02/14/2014 06:58 PM, David Montgomery wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Using now oracle 7.  commented out the line StringTableSize=1000003
>> same issue.  but nothing in the log file now.
>>
>> but I start from, the command line the works.
>
> What user are you running c* with, when running from the command line?
> What user is running c* via supervisord?

So you peaked my interest and tried supervisord in a vm.  I think you
need to probably go hit up the supervisord community for some "how do I
do this correctly" questions.

Attached a console log and the conf I used.  Here's what I did:

- installed c* 2.0.5 with /var/{lib,log}/cassandra owned by my user, as
usual
- verified c* runs fine from the command line
- killed c*
- installed supervisor package and added the attached conf
- stopped/started supervisord to pick up the new conf
- c* is running fine and nodetool confirms
- supervisorctl status shows ignorance of c* running (wrong config, I
assume)
- stopped supervisord, c* still running (not sure if this is normal..)

I have never played with supervisord.  It's interesting, but my guess is
there is some additional magic needed by supervisor experts to help you
with a properly behaving configuration.

Good luck and do report back with a good config for the archives!

--
Kind regards,
Michael