From Andy Losey <and...@addthis.com>
Subject Re: Warning about copying and pasting from datastax configuration page: weird characters in config
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 23:23:45 GMT
I think the issue you're running into is the same reason not to compose a script or config
file in notepad. Without using a true text editor (vi), or relying on copy and past, you're
very likely to introduce non visible formatting characters, as you see with you paragraph
symbols. Trusting code right off a webpage isn't going to always be WYSIWYG.

Sent from my 21st century device.

> On Feb 11, 2014, at 6:01 PM, Donald Smith <Donald.Smith@audiencescience.com> wrote:
>
> The same problem happens with the non-mobile page: http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/2.0/webhelp/index.html#cassandra/install/installRecommendSettings.html
>
> I used the mobile page because someone embedded that link in a wiki page I was referring
to.  (I'll change the link.)

> Don

[0]