From Jagan Ranganathan <ja...@zohocorp.com>
Subject Re: Queuing System
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2014 16:56:13 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the pointer.

Following are some options given there,
If you know where your live data begins, hint Cassandra with a start column, to reduce the
scan times and the amount of tombstones to collect.
 A broker will usually have some notion of what’s next in the sequence and thus be able
to do much more targeted queries, down to a single record if the storage strategy were to
choose monotonic sequence numbers.

We need to do is have some intelligence in using the system and avoid tombstones either use
the pointed Column Name or use proper start column if slice query is used.

Is that right or I am missing something here?

Regards,
Jagan

---- On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 20:55:39 +0530 DuyHai Doan&lt;doanduyhai@gmail.com&gt; wrote
----

  Jagan

   Queue-like data structures are known to be one of the worst anti patterns for Cassandra:
 http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/cassandra-anti-patterns-queues-and-queue-like-datasets