From Jagan Ranganathan <ja...@zohocorp.com>
Subject Queuing System
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2014 15:03:34 GMT
Hi,

I need to decouple some of the work being processed from the user thread to provide better
user experience. For that I need a queuing system with the following needs,
High Availability
No Data Loss
Better Performance.

Following are some libraries that were considered along with the limitation I see,
Redis - Data Loss
ZooKeeper - Not advised for Queue system.
TokyoCabinet/SQLite/LevelDB - of this Level DB seem to be performing better. With replication
requirement, I probably have to look at Apache ActiveMQ+LevelDB.

After checking on the third option above, I kind of wonder if Cassandra with Leveled Compaction
offer a similar system. Do you see any issues in such a usage or is there other better solutions
available.

Will be great to get insights on this.

Regards,
Jagan