From Jacob Rhoden <jacob.rho...@me.com>
Subject Update cassandra from perl 5.8
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 08:44:47 GMT
Hi,

We’ve got a legacy application on Perl 5.8, don’t want to upgrade the server for fear
of something breaking. However for redundancy, It would be great if I could update the app
so it writes to both the existing database, and cassandra. The Perl drivers appear to require
perl 5.10+

    https://github.com/mkjellman/perlcassa
    https://metacpan.org/pod/Net::Async::CassandraCQL

Just thought I would ask the list in the off chance that someone might know of an alternate
way to solve this problem or shoehorn a perl driver onto this server.

One option is nightly bulk data export, but I’d rather avoid that if possible.

Thanks,
Jacob