From Jacob Rhoden <jacob.rho...@me.com>
Subject Re: Where to I start to get to the bottom of this WriteTimeout issue?
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 02:41:42 GMT
Hi Erick,

On 17 Feb 2014, at 1:19 pm, Erick Ramirez <erick@ramirez.com.au> wrote:
> Are you able to post log snippets around the time that the timeouts occur?
>
> I have a suspicion you may be running out of heap memory and might need to tune your
environment. The INFO entries in the log should indicate this.

Im kicking off the load and not watching it so I don’t have a timestamp to see where it
occurred. After some mucking around I worked out that adding an extra zero to the following
parameter on both nodes makes the problem has gone away:

write_request_timeout_in_ms: 20000

Whatever that parameter exactly controls, Im pretty sure I don’t want to keep a 20s write
timeout :D but it allows my bulk loads to run for the time being.

The nodes are running on some test VM’s  with xmx/xms set at 1Gb. So are you assuming that
bulk counter row adding/incrementing can cause memory issues? How much memory do you need
to allocate before this category of problem would disappear?

Thanks,
Jacob