But in some cases, from one certain node, I get an WriteTimeoutException for a few minutes until an UnavailableException. It's like the coordinator don't know the status of the cluster. Any clue why is this happening?
Depending on how the node goes down there can be a delay in other nodes knowing it is down.

If you stop gossip (nodetool disablegossip) the node will cancel the gossip thread (without interrupting), wait two seconds, then inform other nodes itís leaving gossip.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton