I have requirement to setup multiple nodes to the existing single node Cassandra cluster. I am new to Cassandra and I don’t have idea whether do I need to setup multiple nodes in a single machine by copying Cassandra configuration or do I require separate physical machines to create multiple nodes.
But I have tried doing it in a single machine by following below steps.
1. Download apache Cassandra
2. Unzip Cassandra file
3. Go inside /Cassandra folder
4. Make 2 copies of /conf folder named as /conf2,/conf3(in case of 3 nodes)
5. Go inside conf folder and edit cassandra.yaml
· Name of the cluster
· Specify seed node
· Change listening address
· Change rpc_address
· Change locations of data_file, commitlog and saved_caches
6. Go to Cassandra-env.sh under /conf and change JMX_PORT
7. Go to log4j-server.properties under /conf folder and modify property log4j.appender.R.File address if needed.
8. Make 2 copies of Cassandra.in.sh under /bin folder and edit CASSANDRA_HOME.
9. Make copies of Cassandra under /bin folder. Specify which config folder it has to use.
10. Create aliases to localhost using below command
Sudo ifconfig lo0 alias 127.0.0.2 up
I have followed all the above steps but when I am trying to do step 10, it gives following error
Please could you provide some inputs.
Software Engineer | VistaOne Solutions
Direct India : +91 80 30273829 | Mobile India : +91 8105720582
Skype : santushet