From Russell Bradberry <rbradbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't write to row key, even at ALL. Tombstones?
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2013 19:08:37 GMT
That link is broken, try this one: http://thelastpickle.com/blog/2011/12/15/Anatomy-of-a-Cassandra-Partition.html

On December 30, 2013 at 2:02:15 PM, Robert Coli (rcoli@eventbrite.com) wrote:

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 6:13 PM, Josh Dzielak <josh@keen.io> wrote:
Our suspicion is that we somehow have a row level tombstone that is future-dated and has
not gone away (we’ve lowered gc_grace_seconds in hope that it’d get compacted, but no
luck so far, even though the stables that hold the row key have all cycled since).

What version of Cassandra?

ecapriolo is right, use sstablekeys/sstable2json to inspect suspect rows in SSTables.

If that's the problem, you can follow this procedure :

http://thelastpickle.com/2011/12/15/Anatomy-of-a-Cassandra-Partition/

Or you can dump/reload with sstable2json/json2sstable and filter out bad values.

=Rob