From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Drop keyspace via CQL hanging on master/trunk.
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 18:51:26 GMT
Looks like a bug, will try to fix today https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-6472

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 6/12/2013, at 10:25 am, Brian O'Neill <bone@alumni.brown.edu> wrote:

> I removed the data directory just to make sure I had a clean environment.
> (eliminating the possibility of corrupt keyspaces/files causing problems)
>
> -brian
>
> ---
> Brian O'Neill
> Chief Architect
> Health Market Science
> The Science of Better Results
> 2700 Horizon Drive • King of Prussia, PA • 19406
> M: 215.588.6024 • @boneill42  •
> healthmarketscience.com
>
> This information transmitted in this email message is for the intended recipient only
and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you received this email in error
and are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended
recipient, please contact the sender at the email above and delete this email and any attachments
and destroy any copies thereof. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, copying or other
use of, or taking any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

> From: Jason Wee <peichieh@gmail.com>
> Date: Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 4:03 PM
> To: <user@cassandra.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Drop keyspace via CQL hanging on master/trunk.
>
> Hey Brian, just out of curiosity, why would you remove cassandra data directory entirely?
>
> /Jason
>

> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 2:38 AM, Brian O'Neill <bone@alumni.brown.edu> wrote:
>> When running Cassandra from trunk/master, I see a drop keyspace command hang at the
CQL prompt.