From Ben Bromhead <...@instaclustr.com>
Subject Re: PropertiesFileSnitch
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 01:22:50 GMT
Look at GossipingPropertyFileSnitch (http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/2.0/webhelp/index.html#cassandra/architecture/architectureSnitchesAbout_c.html)
and just use simple seed provider as described in the Datastax multi dc documentation.

That way for each new node you just need to define its dc / rack and it will use gossip to
discover this information about other nodes.

Ben Bromhead
Instaclustr | www.instaclustr.com | @instaclustr | +61 415 936 359

On 10 Dec 2013, at 5:31 am, Marcelo Elias Del Valle <marcelo@s1mbi0se.com.br> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
>     I have a cassandra cluster running at amazon. I am trying to add a new datacenter
for this cluster now, outside AWS. I know I could use multiregion, but I would like to be
vendor free in terms of cloud.
>     Reading the article http://www.datastax.com/docs/datastax_enterprise3.2/deploy/multi_dc_install,
it seems I will need to start using PropertiesFileSnitch instead of Ec2Snitch to do what I
want. So here it comes my question:
>     If I set all the seeds on my property file, what will happen if I need to add mores
machines and/or seeds to the cluster? Will I need to change the property files on all the
nodes of my cluster, or just on the new node?