From Aaron Morton <>
Subject Re: org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException: get_range_slices failed: out of sequence response
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2013 20:16:23 GMT
AFAIK it mean the response from the server is for a different request, probably something going
wrong with the threading or trying to do async IO with thrift.

> I know it is ancient cassandra but just wanna learn it.
Looking at anything other than 2.0 will be wasting your time.

Aaron Morton
New Zealand

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting

On 19/12/2013, at 11:38 pm, Jason Wee <> wrote:

> Hi,
> In regards to recv_get_range_slices(), in my cassandra client code, it always throw new
"get_range_slices failed: out of sequence response");
> Full source code here
> Can anybody give some clue as to why the exception is always thrown? My cassandra use
is version 0.7.10 and the code checking msg.seqid remain until version 1.0.12. I know it is
ancient cassandra but just wanna learn it. I have checked cassandra 1.1 branch, the checking
condition if (msg.seqid != seqid_) { was removed.
> Thank you and any clue or indication will be great.
> /Jason

View raw message