From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException: get_range_slices failed: out of sequence response
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2013 20:16:23 GMT
AFAIK it mean the response from the server is for a different request, probably something going
wrong with the threading or trying to do async IO with thrift.

> I know it is ancient cassandra but just wanna learn it.
Looking at anything other than 2.0 will be wasting your time.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 19/12/2013, at 11:38 pm, Jason Wee <peichieh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> In regards to recv_get_range_slices(), in my cassandra client code, it always throw new
org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException(org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException.BAD_SEQUENCE_ID,
"get_range_slices failed: out of sequence response");

> Full source code here
> https://raw.github.com/apache/cassandra/cassandra-1.0.12/interface/thrift/gen-java/org/apache/cassandra/thrift/Cassandra.java
>
> Can anybody give some clue as to why the exception is always thrown? My cassandra use
is version 0.7.10 and the code checking msg.seqid remain until version 1.0.12. I know it is
ancient cassandra but just wanna learn it. I have checked cassandra 1.1 branch, the checking
condition if (msg.seqid != seqid_) { was removed.