From "Ryan, Brent" <BR...@cvent.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra client alternatives to mimic Couchbase sharding ???
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2013 15:06:25 GMT
Thanks Hannu!

I wasn’t aware of the TokenAwarePolicy and that’s exactly what I was talking about so
I’ll give that a try.  Because setting the consistency level doesn’t really work unless
I set it to ALL, but I really don’t want to pay that sort of performance penalty.  I’d
rather stick with QUORUM writes and use the TokenAwarePolicy which should avoid situations
where RowKey X can be written to replication node 1 for request 1 and then written to replication
node 2 for request 2.  This normally isn’t an issue unless the time drift across the cluster
> the time between 2 writes for the same row key.

Brent

From: Hannu Kröger <hkroger@gmail.com<mailto:hkroger@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 at 9:15 AM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Cassandra client alternatives to mimic Couchbase sharding ???

Hi,

DataStax Cassandra Java Driver has the possibility to choose the coordinator node based on
the partition key (TokenAwarePolicy), however that probably does not solve the consistency
problem you are thinking about:
http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/ideology-and-testing-of-a-resilient-driver

If you really want to have full consistency, you should read this and tune consitency level
accordingly if you haven't already:
http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.1/dml/data_consistency

Cheers,
Hannu