From Philippe Dupont <pdup...@teads.tv>
Subject Replacing a Node using a Replication
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 14:11:22 GMT
Hi,
We currently have a 28 node C* cluster on m1.XLarge instances using Vnodes
and are encountering a Raid issue with one of them.

The first solution could be to decommission this node and insert a new one
in the cluster, since we use vnodes we need to run 28 cleanup after adding
a node, this value will increase as our cluster grow.

In theory, I would like to duplicate the defective node into a new one and
switch them without impacting the cluster : that would avoid the
decommission and all the streaming on the old node which could then be
instantly removed.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,

Philippe