From Klaus Brunner <klaus.brun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OOMs during high (read?) load in Cassandra 1.2.11
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 09:02:43 GMT
We're running largely default settings, with the exception of shard
(1) and replica (0-n) counts and EC2-related snitch etc. No row
caching at all. The logs never showed the same kind of entries
pre-OOM, it basically occurred out of the blue.

However, it seems that the problem has now subsided after forcing a
compaction (using LeveledCompaction) that took several hours. Not sure
if that's a permanent solution yet, but things are looking good so
far.

Klaus