From horschi <hors...@gmail.com>
Subject Offline migration: Random->Murmur
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2013 13:15:18 GMT
Hi list,

has anyone ever tried to migrate a cluster from Random to Murmur?

We would like to do so, to have a more standardized setup. I wrote a small
(yet untested) utility, which should be able to read SSTable files from
disk and write them into a cassandra cluster using Hector. This migration
would be offline of course and would only work for smaller clusters.

Any thoughts on the topic?

kind regards,
Christian

PS: The reason for doing so are not "performance". It is to simplify
operational stuff for the years to come. :-)