From chandra Varahala <hadoopandcassan...@gmail.com>
Subject AddContractPoint /VIP
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 18:12:29 GMT
Greetings,

I have 4 node cassandra cluster that will grow upt to 10 nodes,we are using
 CQL  Java client to access the  data.
What is the good practice to put in the code as addContactPoint ie.,how
many servers ?

1) I am also thinking to put this way here   I am not sure this good or bad
if i conigure       4 serves into one VIP ( virtual IP/virtual DNS)
and specifying that DSN in the code as ContactPoint,  so that that VIP is
smart enough to route to different nodes.

2) Is that problem if i use multiple Data centers in future ?

thanks
Chandra