From Rahul Menon <ra...@apigee.com>
Subject Re: Offline migration: Random->Murmur
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2013 14:59:26 GMT
Christian,

I have been planning to migrate my cluster from random to murmur3 in a
similar manner. I intend to use pycassa to read and then write to the newer
cluster. My only concern would be ensuring the consistency of already
migrated data as the cluster ( with random ) would be constantly serving
the production traffic. I was able to do this on a non prod cluster, but
production is a different game.

I would also like to hear more about this, especially if someone was able
to successfully do this.

Thanks
Rahul