From Demian Berjman <dberj...@despegar.com>
Subject WriteTimeoutException instead of UnavailableException
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 19:56:38 GMT
Question. I have a 5 node cluster (local with ccm). A keyspace with rf: 3.
Three nodes are down. I run "nodetool ring" in the two living nodes and
both see the other three nodes down.

Then i do an insert with cs quorum and get an UnavailableException. It's ok.

I am using Datastax java driver v 2.0.0-rc2.

But in some cases, from one certain node, I get an WriteTimeoutException
for a few minutes until an UnavailableException. It's like the coordinator
don't know the status of the cluster. Any clue why is this happening?

Thanks,