From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't write to row key, even at ALL. Tombstones?
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2013 03:41:05 GMT
The sstable to json tools can be used to remove keys from underlying files.
It requires restarts.

On Friday, December 27, 2013, Josh Dzielak <josh@keen.io> wrote:
> We have a few row keys that aren’t taking any writes, even using both the
ALL consistency level to read and write. We can’t insert anything into any
column, previously existing or new, using the simplest possible heuristic
in cqlsh or cassandra-cli.
> Our suspicion is that we somehow have a row level tombstone that
is future-dated and has not gone away (we’ve lowered gc_grace_seconds in
hope that it’d get compacted, but no luck so far, even though the stables
that hold the row key have all cycled since).
> How can we make this row key writeable again? Or even better, what can we
do to debug this? Is there a way to get Cassandra to log all of the read
candidates, including timestamp and host and sstable, before it chooses the
one to use?

--
Sorry this was sent from mobile. Will do less grammar and spell check than
usual.