From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Crash with TombstoneOverwhelmingException
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2013 22:58:07 GMT
 On Wed, Dec 25, 2013 at 10:01 AM, Edward Capriolo <edlinuxguru@gmail.com>wrote:

> I have to hijack this thread. There seem to be many problems with the
> 2.0.3 release.

+1. There is no 2.0.x release I consider production ready, even after
today's 2.0.4.

Outside of passing all unit tests, factors into the release voting process?
> What other type of extended real world testing should be done to find bugs
> like this one that unit testing wont?

I also +1 these questions. Voting seems of limited use given the outputs of
the process.

> Here is a whack y idea that I am half serious about. Make a CMS for
> http://cassndra.apache.org  that back ends it's data and reporting into
> cassandra. No release unless Cassanda db that servers the site is upgraded
> first. :)

I agree wholeheartedly that eating ones own dogfood is informative.

=Rob