From Robert Coli <>
Subject Re: Murmur Long.MIN_VALUE token allowed?
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 20:37:13 GMT
On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 12:15 AM, horschi <> wrote:

> And my feeling gets worse when I look at Murmur3Partitioner.normalize().
> This one explicitly excludes Long.MIN_VALUE by changing it to
> I think I'll just avoid it in the future. Better safe than sorry...

I see, your question is about the behavior of the partitioner at the "ends"
of the range.

I agree that there is a possible issue here, but the code should make it
pretty clear if there is or is not?

Even if you avoid putting a node "at" this token, a node will necessarily
"own" this token, so if your goal is to be "safe" you should read the code
and determine if there's an issue. :)

View raw message