From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: SSTableloader
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2013 23:43:57 GMT
On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 3:03 PM, varun allampalli
<vshoori.office@gmail.com>wrote:

> I am trying to load using SSTableloader with cassandra 1.2 version like a
> million records. It streams very fast, but in the end its streaming gets
> stuck at two three machines in the cluster, rest all are 100% done.

The fragility of streaming is why streaming protocol was re-written for 2.0.

> Has anybody seen such a problem and is there any tool I can use to
> diagnose this loading.

You can use the --ignores functionality of sstableloader to restart and
ignore the two nodes which have already completed.

http://www.palominodb.com/blog/2012/09/25/bulk-loading-options-cassandra

=Rob