From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: WriteTimeoutException instead of UnavailableException
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2013 20:28:34 GMT
> But in some cases, from one certain node, I get an WriteTimeoutException for a few minutes
until an UnavailableException. It's like the coordinator don't know the status of the cluster.
Any clue why is this happening?
Depending on how the node goes down there can be a delay in other nodes knowing it is down.

If you stop gossip (nodetool disablegossip) the node will cancel the gossip thread (without
interrupting), wait two seconds, then inform other nodes it’s leaving gossip.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 18/12/2013, at 8:56 am, Demian Berjman <dberjman@despegar.com> wrote:

> Question. I have a 5 node cluster (local with ccm). A keyspace with rf: 3.  Three nodes
are down. I run "nodetool ring" in the two living nodes and both see the other three nodes
down.