From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Bulkoutputformat
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 02:41:26 GMT
> Request did not complete within rpc_timeout.
The node is overloaded and did not return in time.

Check the logs for errors or excessive JVM GC and try selecting less data.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 14/12/2013, at 10:06 am, varun allampalli <vshoori.office@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Rahul..article was insightful
>

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM, Rahul Menon <rahul@apigee.com> wrote:
> Here you go
>
> http://thelastpickle.com/blog/2013/01/11/primary-keys-in-cql.html
>

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 7:19 AM, varun allampalli <vshoori.office@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
>
> It seems like you answered the question here.
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/nosql-databases/vjZA5vdycWA
>
> Can you give me the link to the blog which you mentioned
>
> http://thelastpickle.com/2013/01/11/primary-keys-in-cql/
>
> Thanks in advance
> Varun
>

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 3:36 PM, varun allampalli <vshoori.office@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Aaron, I was able to generate sstables and load using sstableloader. But after
there anything I am missing or any logs I can look at.

, this post is a little old but still relevant http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/bulk-loading

> Otherwise AFAIK BulkOutputFormat is what you want from hadoop http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.1/cluster_architecture/hadoop_integration
>
> Cheers
>
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> New Zealand
> @aaronmorton
>
> Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
> Apache Cassandra Consulting
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 12/12/2013, at 11:27 am, varun allampalli <vshoori.office@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I want to bulk insert data into cassandra. I was wondering of using BulkOutputformat
in hadoop. Is it the best way or using driver and doing batch insert is the better way.