From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: user / password authentication advice
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 04:55:15 GMT
Not sure if you are asking about the authentication & authorisation in cassandra or how
to implemented the same using cassandra.

info on the cassandra authentication and authorisation is here http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/2.0/webhelp/index.html#cassandra/security/securityTOC.html

Hope that helps.

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 12/12/2013, at 4:31 pm, onlinespending <onlinespending@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m using Cassandra in an environment where many users can login to use an application
I’m developing. I’m curious if anyone has any advice or links to documentation / blogs
where it discusses common implementations or best practices for user and password authentication.
My cursory search online didn’t bring much up on the subject. I suppose the information
needn’t even be specific to Cassandra.

> I imagine a few basic steps will be as follows:
>
> user types in username (e.g. email address) and password
> this is verified against a table storing username and passwords (encrypted in some way)
> a token is return to the app / web browser to allow further transactions using secure
token (e.g. cookie)

> Obviously I’m only scratching the surface and it’s the detail and best practices
of implementing this user / password authentication that I’m curious about.