From "Timothy P. Dunphy" <bluethu...@jokefire.com>
Subject Re: cassandra monitoring
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2013 03:08:13 GMT
Hi Aaron,

You were right. JMX is running on port 7199, it's just the web interface that's on 8081. My
mistake. But what I did was to delete my existing cluster and try to build a new cluster within
opscenter and try pointing it at my existing cassandra node. Just one node for now, but when
we go to production we plan to scale out.

When I tried to install the agent with opscetner, the installation begins but fails with this
message a few moments later:

Install Errored: Failure installing agent on beta.jokefire.com. Error output: /var/lib/opscenter/ssl/agentKeyStore.pem:
No such file or directory Exit code: 1

I was wondering where I could go from here. Also I would like to password protect my OpsCenter
installation (assuming I can ever get any useful data into it). Are there any docs on how
I can do that?

Thanks
Tim

----- Original Message -----

From: "Aaron Morton" <aaron@thelastpickle.com>
To: "Cassandra User" <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 9:19:05 PM
Subject: Re: cassandra monitoring

JMX is doing it's thing on the cassandra node and is running on port 8081

Have you set the JMX port for the cluster in Ops Centre ? The default JMX port has been 7199
for a while.

Off the top of the my head it’s in the same area where you specify the initial nodes in
the cluster, maybe behind an “Advanced” button.

The Ops Centre agent talks to the server to find out what JMX port it should use to talk to
the local Cassandra install.

Also check the logs in /var/log/datastax

Cheers

Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton