From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Best way to measure write throughput...
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2013 20:05:23 GMT
nodetool proxyhistograms shows the throughput for the node, nodetool cfhistograms shows it
for a single node.

If you want to get an overview install something like Ops Centre http://www.datastax.com/what-we-offer/products-services/datastax-opscenter

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 19/12/2013, at 8:46 pm, Jason Wee <peichieh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, you could also probably do it in your application? Just sample with an interval
of time and that should give some indication of throughput.

> HTH
>
> /Jason
>

> On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 12:11 AM, Krishna Chaitanya <bnsk1990rulz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could you please suggest to me the best way to measure write-throughput in Cassandra.
I basically have an application that stores network packets to a Cassandra cluster. Which
is the best way to measure write performance, especially write-throughput, in terms of number
of packets stored into Cassandra per second or something similar to this??? Can I measure
this using nodetool?