From Artur Kronenberg <artur.kronenb...@openmarket.com>
Subject Re: Try to configure commitlog_archiving.properties
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 14:31:05 GMT
So, looking at the code:

     public void maybeRestoreArchive()
     {
         if (Strings.isNullOrEmpty(restoreDirectories))
             return;

         for (String dir : restoreDirectories.split(","))
         {
             File[] files = new File(dir).listFiles();
             if (files == null)
             {
                 throw new RuntimeException("Unable to list director " +
dir);
             }
             for (File fromFile : files)
             {
                 File toFile = new
File(DatabaseDescriptor.getCommitLogLocation(), new
CommitLogDescriptor(CommitLogSegment.getNextId()).fileName());
                 String command = restoreCommand.replace("%from",
fromFile.getPath());
                 command = command.replace("%to", toFile.getPath());
                 try
                 {
                     exec(command);
                 }
                 catch (IOException e)
                 {
                     throw new RuntimeException(e);
                 }
             }
         }
     }

I would like someone to confirm that, but it might potentially be a bug.
It does the right thing for an empty restore directory. However it
ignores the fact that the restore command could be empty.
So for you, jonathan, I reckon you have the restore directory set? You
don't need that to be set in order to archive (only if you want to
restore it). So set your restore_directory property to empty and you
should get rid of those errors. The directory needs to be set when you
enable the restore command.

On a second look, I am almost certain this is a bug, as the maybeArchive
command does correctly check for the command to not be empty or null.
The maybeRestore command needs to do the same thing for the
restoreCommand. If someone confirms, I am happy to raise a bug.

cheers,

artur