From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: AddContractPoint /VIP
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 02:06:18 GMT
> What is the good practice to put in the code as addContactPoint ie.,how many servers ?
I use the same nodes as the seed list nodes for that DC.

The idea of the seed list is that it’s a list of well known nodes, and it’s easier operationally
to say we have one list of well known nodes that is used by the servers and the clients.

> 1) I am also thinking to put this way here   I am not sure this good or bad if i conigure
      4 serves into one VIP ( virtual IP/virtual DNS)
> and specifying that DSN in the code as ContactPoint,  so that that VIP is smart enough
to route to different nodes.
Too complicated.

> 2) Is that problem if i use multiple Data centers in future ?
You only need to give the client the local seeds, it will discover all the nodes.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton