From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Unable to run hadoop_cql3_word_count examples
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2013 19:30:18 GMT
> InvalidRequestException(why:consistency level LOCAL_ONE not compatible with replication
strategy (org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleStrategy)) at

The LOCAL_ONE consistency level can only be used with the NetworkTopologyStrategy.

I had a quick look and the code does not use LOCAL_ONE, did you make a change?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 3/12/2013, at 10:03 pm, Parth Patil <parthpatil@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am new to Cassandra and I am exploring the Hadoop integration (MapReduce) provided
by Cassandra.

> I am trying to run the hadoop examples provided in the cassandra's repo under examples/hadoop_cql3_word_count.
I am using the cassandra-2.0 branch. I have a single node cassandra running locally. I was
able to run the ./bin/word_count_setup step successfully but when I run the ./bin/word_count
step I am getting the following error :

> java.lang.RuntimeException at org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.cql3.CqlPagingRecordReader$RowIterator.executeQuery(CqlPagingRecordReader.java:661)
at org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.cql3.CqlPagingRecordReader$RowIterator.(CqlPagingRecordReader.java:297)
at org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.cql3.CqlPagingRecordReader.initialize(CqlPagingRecordReader.java:163)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$NewTrackingRecordReader.initialize(MapTask.java:522) at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:763) at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:370)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.LocalJobRunner$Job.run(LocalJobRunner.java:212) Caused by: InvalidRequestException(why:consistency
level LOCAL_ONE not compatible with replication strategy (org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleStrategy))
at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$execute_prepared_cql3_query_result$execute_prepared_cql3_query_resultStandardScheme.read(Cassandra.java:52627)
at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$execute_prepared_cql3_query_result$execute_prepared_cql3_query_resultStandardScheme.read(Cassandra.java:52604)
at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$execute_prepared_cql3_query_result.read(Cassandra.java:52519)
at org.apache.thrift.TServiceClient.receiveBase(TServiceClient.java:78) at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.recv_execute_prepared_cql3_query(Cassandra.java:1785)
at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.execute_prepared_cql3_query(Cassandra.java:1770)
at org.apache.cassandra.hadoop.cql3.CqlPagingRecordReader$RowIterator.executeQuery(CqlPagingRecordReader.java:631)
... 6 more