Hi all,

I'm trying to set conf directory path to Cassandra. According to [1], I can set it using a system variable as cassandra.config=<directory>

But it doesn't seem to work for me when I give conf directory path. I get following exception.

[2013-11-20 22:24:38,273] ERROR {org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor} -  Fatal configuration error
org.apache.cassandra.exceptions.ConfigurationException: Cannot locate /home/bhathiya/cassandra/conf/etc
at org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.getStorageConfigURL(DatabaseDescriptor.java:117)
at org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.loadYaml(DatabaseDescriptor.java:134)
at org.apache.cassandra.config.DatabaseDescriptor.<clinit>(DatabaseDescriptor.java:126)
at org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.setup(CassandraDaemon.java:216)
at org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.activate(CassandraDaemon.java:446)
at org.wso2.carbon.cassandra.server.CassandraServerController$1.run(CassandraServerController.java:48)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Cannot locate /home/bhathiya/cassandra/conf/etc
Fatal configuration error; unable to start server.  See log for stacktrace.

I noticed when I gave the path directly to cassandra.yaml, it works fine. Can't I give the directory path here, as mentioned in the doc?

What I really want to do is to give the cassandra-topology.properties path to Cassandra.

[1] http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/1.2/webhelp/index.html#cassandra/tools/toolsCUtility_t.html

Thanks,
Bhathiya