Hi,

Is it possible to filter records by using timeuuid column types in case the column is not part of the primary key?

I tried the followings:

[cqlsh 3.1.2 | Cassandra 1.2.10.1 | CQL spec 3.0.0 | Thrift protocol 19.36.0]

CREATE TABLE timeuuid_test2(

row_key text,

time timeuuid,

time2 timeuuid,

message text,

PRIMARY KEY (row_key, time)

)

Cqlsh:    select * from timeuuid_test2 where time2<now();

>>Bad Request: No indexed columns present in by-columns clause with Equal operator

I tried to create the required index:

create index timeuuid_test2_idx on timeuuid_test2 (time2);

>>Bad Request: No indexed columns present in by-columns clause with Equal operator

The result is the same…

If the used column is time then everything is OK.

select * from timeuuid_test2 where time<now() ALLOW FILTERING;

The question here. Why I can’t use the ‘time2’ column  when filtering despite the column is indexed?

Thanks,

Ferenc