I am a newbie to the Cassandra world. I would like to know if its possible for two different nodes to write to a single Cassandra node

Yes.

 Currently, I am getting a IllegalRequestException, what (): Default TException on the first system,

What is the full error stack ?

Occasionally, also hitting "frame size has negative value" thrift exception when the traffic is high and packets are getting stored very fast.

On the client or the server ? Can you post the full error stack ?

Currently using Cassandra 2.0.0 with libQtCassandra library.

Please upgrade to 2.0.3.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
New Zealand