Thanks Nate,

I assume 10k is the return limit.  I don't think I'll ever get close to 10k matches to the IN query.  That said, you're right: to be safe I'll increase the limit to match the number of items on the IN.

I didn't know CQL supported stored procedures, but I'll take a look.  I suppose my question was asking about parsing overhead, however.  If one big query doesn't cause problems--which I assume it wouldn't since there can be multiple threads parsing and I assume C* is smart about memory when accumulating results--I'd much rather do that.

Dan