From Nigel LEACH <nigel.le...@uk.bnpparibas.com>
Subject Snappy Load Error
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2013 10:19:50 GMT
Hi, I'm building a new cluster, and having problems starting Cassandra.

RHEL 5.9
Java 1.7 U40
Cassandra 2.0.2

Previous clusters have started fine using the same methods, although the envoronments are
a little different (new RHEL, older Java).

I am installing from DataStax tarball, and after making, I think, trivial config changes for
our environmnet, start things up with bin/cassandra. The system log then shows this error

INFO [Thread-2] 2013-11-29 09:43:02,434 ThriftServer.java (line 135) Listening for thrift
clients...
INFO [HANDSHAKE-/nn.nn.nn.nn] 2013-11-29 09:43:02,962 OutboundTcpConnection.java (line 386)
Handshaking version with / nn.nn.nn.nn
ERROR [WRITE-/ nn.nn.nn.nn] 2013-11-29 09:43:03,015 CassandraDaemon.java (line 187) Exception
in thread Thread[WRITE-/ nn.nn.nn.nn,5,main]
org.xerial.snappy.SnappyError: [FAILED_TO_LOAD_NATIVE_LIBRARY] null
        at org.xerial.snappy.SnappyLoader.load(SnappyLoader.java:239)
        at org.xerial.snappy.Snappy.<clinit>(Snappy.java:48)
        at org.xerial.snappy.SnappyOutputStream.<init>(SnappyOutputStream.java:79)
        at org.xerial.snappy.SnappyOutputStream.<init>(SnappyOutputStream.java:66)
        at org.apache.cassandra.net.OutboundTcpConnection.connect(OutboundTcpConnection.java:359)
        at org.apache.cassandra.net.OutboundTcpConnection.run(OutboundTcpConnection.java:150)

Following this, there seems no communication between nodes (nodetool only shows the local
node on each server).

Any help very much appreciated.
Thanks, Nigel

delete this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in
this e-mail is prohibited.

Please refer to http://www.bnpparibas.co.uk/en/email-disclaimer/ for additional disclosures.