From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: While inserting data into Cassandra using Hector client
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2013 01:49:56 GMT
Hector is designed to use Column Families created via the thrift interface, e.g. using cassandra-cli

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 25/11/2013, at 8:51 pm, Santosh Shet <santosh.shet@vista-one-solutions.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am getting below error while inserting data into Cassandra using Hector client.
>
> me.prettyprint.hector.api.exceptions.HInvalidRequestException: InvalidRequestException(why:Not
enough bytes to read value of component 0)

> I am facing this problem after upgrading Cassandra from 1.2.3 to version 2.0.2. Earlier
I was able to insert data using same code.