From Robert Wille <rwi...@fold3.com>
Subject WRITETIME() sometimes returns 0
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 08:13:06 GMT
I've got a Cassandra 2.0.2 server with a single node. I've written a test
harness that populates the database, looks at the write times for each
column, runs the test cases, and then checks to see what columns have been
updated. However, when I query WRITETIME() (prior to running the test
cases), over half the time it returns 0 (not null, but 0). It's pretty
consistent which columns return the real write time and which ones return 0.
I've even tried adding a 10 second delay between populating the database and
checking the write times, and it doesn't help. When its all done, if I call
writetime() on a column for cqlsh, I get a non-zero value.

Any thoughts? What has to happen before a write time is available?

Thanks in advance.

Robert