From srmore <comom...@gmail.com>
Subject Cassandra high heap utilization under heavy reads and writes.
Date Sun, 24 Nov 2013 04:55:07 GMT
Hello,
We moved to cassandra 1.2.9 from 1.0.11 to take advantage of the off-heap
bloom filters and other improvements.

We see a lot of messages dropped under high load conditions. We noticed
that when we do heavy read AND write simultaneously (we read first and
check whether the key exists if not we write it) Cassandra heap increases
dramatically and then gossip marks the node down (as a result of high load
on the node).

Under heavy 'reads only' we don't see this behavior.  Has anyone seen this
behavior ? any suggestions.

Thanks !