From Sridhar Chellappa <schellap2...@gmail.com>
Subject Backup strategy
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 00:36:34 GMT
We are running into problems where Backup jobs are taking away a huge
bandwidth out of the C* nodes. While we can schedule a particular timing
window for backups alone, the request pattern is so random; there is no
particular time where we can schedule backups, periodically.

My current thinking is to run backups against a replica that does not serve
requests. Questions:

   1.
*Is it the right strategy? *
   2.
*if it is - how do I pull a replica out from serving requests ? *
   3. *If not, what is the right  backup strategy ?*