From Aaron Turner <synfina...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Backup strategy
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 01:09:09 GMT
Why not just have a small DC/ring of nodes which you just do your
snapshots/backups from?

I wouldn't take nodes offline from the ring just to back them up.

The other option is to add sufficient nodes to handle your existing
request I/O + backups.  Sounds like you might be already I/O
constrained.
--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/         Twitter: @synfinatic