From Krishna Chaitanya <bnsk1990r...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple writers writing to a cassandra node...
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2013 15:42:23 GMT
Hello,
   I am a newbie to the Cassandra world. I would like to know if its
possible for two different nodes to write to a single Cassandra node. I
have a packet collector software which runs in two different systems. I
would like both of them to write the packets to a single node(same keyspace
and columnfamily). Currently using Cassandra 2.0.0 with libQtCassandra
library.
                             Currently, I am getting a
IllegalRequestException, what (): Default TException on the first system,
the moment I try to store from the second system, but the second system
works fine. When I restart the program on the first system, the second
system gets the exception and the first one works fine. Occasionally, also
hitting "frame size has negative value" thrift exception when the traffic
is high and packets are getting stored very fast.
  Can someone please point out what I am doing wrong?  Thanks in advance..