From Techy Teck <comptechge...@gmail.com>
Subject Bad Request: No indexed columns present in by-columns clause with Equal operator?
Date Sun, 03 Nov 2013 18:26:03 GMT
I have below table in CQL-

create table test (
    employee_id text,
    employee_name text,
    value text,
    last_modified_date timeuuid,
    primary key (employee_id)
   );

I inserted couple of records in the above table like this which I will be
inserting in our actual use case scenario as well-

    insert into test (employee_id, employee_name, value,
last_modified_date) values ('1', 'e27',  'some_value', now());
    insert into test (employee_id, employee_name, value,
last_modified_date) values ('2', 'e27',  'some_new_value', now());
    insert into test (employee_id, employee_name, value,
last_modified_date) values ('3', 'e27',  'some_again_value', now());
    insert into test (employee_id, employee_name, value,
last_modified_date) values ('4', 'e28',  'some_values', now());
    insert into test (employee_id, employee_name, value,
last_modified_date) values ('5', 'e28',  'some_new_values', now());

Now I was doing select query for -  give me all the employee_id for
employee_name `e27`.

    select employee_id from test where employee_name = 'e27';

And this is the error I am getting -

    Bad Request: No indexed columns present in by-columns clause with Equal
operator
    Perhaps you meant to use CQL 2? Try using the -2 option when starting
cqlsh.

Is there anything wrong I am doing here?

My use cases are in general -

 1. Give me everything for any of the employee_name?
 2. Give me everything for what has changed in last 5 minutes?
 3. Give me the latest employee_id for any of the employee_name?

I am running Cassandra 1.2.11