From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra remove column using thrift
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2013 20:19:14 GMT
On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 8:15 AM, Suruchi Deodhar <
suruchi.deodhar@generalsentiment.com> wrote:

> I provide the timestamp as the current time and
> consistency_level=ConsistencyLevel.ALL.
>
> My questions wrt this are:
> 1. Is there a log where I can check whether the remove command registered
> successfully with the Cassandra nodes?
> (In my case, the thrift call was successfully executed but my queries
> still show data in the deleted column. I don't see logs in the system.log. )

This sounds unexpected. Have you tried deleting the same column via
cassandra-cli or cqlsh (as applicable)? If so, does it work?

> 2. Given that consistency_level=ConsistencyLevel.ALL, how much time does
> cassandra take to commit the delete and cassandra client to get updated
> data?

In my understanding, zero time. CL.ALL means all replicas have acknowledged
the write, and therefore the write should be available in the memtables of
all nodes.

=Rob