From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Risk of not doing repair
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 20:22:12 GMT
On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 6:25 AM, olek.stasiak@gmail.com <
olek.stasiak@gmail.com> wrote:

> After migration to 2.0.2 I can't perform repair on my cluster (six
> nodes).

>  If it's not really neccessary, i would avoid
> building unstable version of cass from sources and install it in prod
> environ

You've already installed an unstable version of cassandra in prod, moving
up to an unreleased version is unlikely to make things that much less
stable.

> So this is my question:  What is the risk for me concerned with not
> doing repair for a month, assuming that gc_grace is 10days? Should I
> really worry? Maybe I should use repo version of cass?

Do you do delete or CQL3-delete like operations?

If so, you have a risk of exposure to zombie data.

You should probably increase your gc_grace_seconds to 34 days anyway, so
why not use this experience as an opportunity to do so?

=Rob