From "pavlikus@gmail.com" <pavli...@gmail.com>
Subject Cannot restrict PRIMARY KEY part bucket_id by IN relation as a collection is selected by the query
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 12:05:44 GMT
Hey guys, just started to learn Cassandra recently, got a simple
(hopefully) question on querying.

There's a table with composite primary key - mdid and bucket_id. So I
assume mdid is going to be a partition key and bucket_id is a clustering
key. There're also two more columns to hold a text and a map. See
http://pastie.org/private/fcygmm891hgg4ugyjhtjg for a full picture.

So, I am basically going to have a big row with may buckets. In my
application I am going to retrieve a subset of buckets, not all of them at
once, so I do this:

select .... where mdid='1' and bucket_id in ('global_props', 'test_bucket')

But that gives the error in the subject.

There's pretty interesting thing is that if I query for text column then
the query works, while does not work for the map column. Check the two
queries at the bottom http://pastie.org/private/fcygmm891hgg4ugyjhtjgplease.

Should this be modelled in a different way in Cassandra? Could you please
advice?

Thanks,
Pavlo