From "Turi, Ferenc (GE Power & Water, Non-GE)" <Ferenc.T...@ge.com>
Subject CF backup / restore selected columns
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2013 23:06:50 GMT
Hi,

I have a question which I was not able to find the right answer for.
What is the best way to backup/restore a set of columns?
Let's say we have:

CF1(a,b,c,d) - a,b,c,d are columns/ original CF we would like to take backup from

CF2(d,e,f,g) - e,f,g are different columns, we would restore data into CF2

A,b,c,d,e,f,g have the same type. Let's say text.

Cassandra version: 1.2.10, 3.1.4 datastax distribution
The structure which we would like to take backup from differs from the restore CF.

-          Copy from/copy to cannot be used in cqlsh / error: rcp_timeout

-          Hive /insert overwrite xxx from .... cannot specify columns / I don't want to save
all columns and would like to restore into different structure.

So what would be the solution? Is it possible at all?

Thanks.